Powered by Blogger.

Monday, May 16, 2011

Why oh Why oh Why oh did I ever leave Ohio?





















This weekend I painted the playroom. It was a much much bigger project than I anticipated requiring several trips to Home Depot and Lowes to pick up more supplies (ie blue tape and paint). Yeah I didn't realize the room was a big as it was and figured one gallon for three walls one quart for the walls next the windows and a gallon for the ceiling would be enough. . . . two additional gallons and mixing the excess whites together has created a brighter prettier playroom. In addition to the painting I added some shelves and painted the shortwalls with magnetic paint for fun. The magnetic paint though isn't as strong as I hoped so a few more coats will be required . . . This of course means another trip to Home Depot or Lowes.

Callie was good for the most part during this painting adventure. She didn't paint anything she wasn't supposed to from Friday through Sunday. Today however the good streak died when she was getting ready for her bath and decided to paint the bathroom wall with drywall compound. Then to add insult to injury she decided to wipe the excess off with one of my good towels.

I am not quite sure what I am going to do with her. She is funny and cute however when she is naughty and I ask her why she made the decision that got her into trouble her response is the same "Because I wanted to." I am not sure how to get her to understand that doing things just because she wants to is not always a good thing. It's a good thing I have light hair or I'm sure you would see alot of grey these days.

1 comment:

Mary and Dean said...

Girl I hear you! I however do have greys! Ethan is just a naughty in different ways. He decided on Saturday that even though he was grounded from friends that he would escape through the back yard and play anyway. When I asked him why he said "Cuz i just wanted to be grounded tomorrow." I had to break the news that the next day was Sunday so he would be grounded on Monday. Looks like his plan backfired. Keep a smile and know that someday ( I wait for that day with much anticipation) we'll laugh as this incidenses. Until then don't kill your daughter. Just come visit me. Love you!

music to "blog" by


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones