Dec 20: I started counting vacation as soon as I left work on Thursday. Callie had school the next day so we made Gingerbread houses like I did when I was a kid. It was fairly expensive and I think I will prepare better in the future for this undertaking. We invited another family over which consisted of the Grandmother and her granddaughter. Sadly the child lost both parents. her mother during child birth and her father during his sleep around 6 months later. It was fun to have someone else to do this with.
On a side note next year we will just do this alone since the pans I have actually makes one house with the recipe not two as indicated.
Dec 21: Attempted to clean house and get ready for the holiday. Had a table delivered that I found at a re-consignment store. Callie spent some time with Grandma Grandma (aka smoky the bear - who has actually quit smoking as of September or so . . . go figure) I went and go fabric to reupholster the chair cushions. I cleaned and fixed the chairs so they could be re-stained to a slightly darker brown.
Dec 22: Callie again spent time with Grandma Grandma, I got my nails done and I started re-staining the chairs. It didn't go as I had planned and I ended up using briwax to make them darker instead of the liquid stain I actually purchased for the project.
Dec 23-24: finished the chairs and got the cushions back on. Then I started finishing the Quilts for Tracy's twins and made Christmas Jammie's for Callie.
Dec 25: Christmas Day - Callie go up insanely early . . . so finally at about 9 or so I got out of bed bleary eyed and we opened presents. Since I got a pampered chef rockcrok I used it to make breakfast (see Recipe below).
1 (26 ounce) bag frozen hash browns
12 eggs
1/2 cup milk
1 tablespoon ground mustard
16 ounces sausage (maple, sage or regular sausage.)
1 teaspoon salt
16 ounces shredded cheddar cheese
2 garlic cloves (minced)
1 large onion
1/2 teaspoon pepper
1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
12 eggs
1/2 cup milk
1 tablespoon ground mustard
16 ounces sausage (maple, sage or regular sausage.)
1 teaspoon salt
16 ounces shredded cheddar cheese
2 garlic cloves (minced)
1 large onion
1/2 teaspoon pepper
1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
Directions:
1 Spray crock pot and evenly spread hash browns at the bottom.
2 Crack 12 eggs in a large bowl.
3 Mix well (and slowly) using a whisk.
4 Add the milk.
5 Go ahead and sprinkle in the ground mustard. This might sound like a weird ingredient, but I've come to love (and use) this in most of my recipes.
6 Add plenty of salt -- and lots of fresh pepper. Mix well and set aside.
7 Cook the sausage on high heat, drain and set aside.
8 Add sausage on top of hash browns.
9 Is this enough cheese? Maybe? Probably. Throw the whole big bag in there.
10 Mix it up well. Or good, depending on where you're from.
11 Pour the egg mixture over everything in the crock pot. Using a wood spoon, even everything out so it's spread evenly.
12 Turn the crock pot on low for 6-8 hours.
Day 26-29: yeah I got sick with a wicked head cold. Luckily Callie had her Christmas toys to keep her busy. I also took Callie to the orthodontist and we found out how many teeth we would have to get removed. Turned out to be 5 teeth. Poor kid.
Dec 30: took Callie to the dentist and we got our first bit of dental work done. She got sick that night.
Dec 31: Worked on the twins quilts again finishing one. Cleaned the house and had a quiet new years eve.
Jan 1st: Happy New years we just hung out at home. I can't really remember what we did. Sad I know.
Jan 2: Again can't really remember what I did I am sure it was something crafty working on quilts hemming curtain. Oh yeah Callie got more teeth out. She didn't get sick this time. Thank goodness. The last time was yucky.
Jan 3: Went to Mary's for the afternoon/ evening. We exchanged gifts, Callie was playing with cousins and got her glasses broken (good times) and got to see my nephew and his wife. When I got home that night I started feeling sick to my stomach.
Jan 4-6: Yup sick again with a stomach bug. I felt and probably smelled like death. It wasn't pretty. Callie hung in there and tried her best to help me. I lost 10 lbs in these 3 days.
Jan 5: I went back to work.
It was quite a vacation.








No comments:
Post a Comment